- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 tbs loose Chai tea leaves
- 50g chocolate, melted
- Mix flour, tea, and salt until the tea is just spotted throughout the flour. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and butter. Knead until a dough is formed. Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, about 2 1/2-inches in diameter. Tightly twist each end of wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the log into 1/3-inch thick disks. Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temperature. Dip shortbread cookies in melted chocolate.